How do I connect a PASCO Bluetooth 2.0 wireless interface to a Windows computer?
I have a PASCO interface that uses Bluetooth 2.0, how do I pair it to SPARKvue or Capstone?
PS-2011 SPARKLink Air
UI-5001 550 Interface
- PS-2235 Polarimeter
Capstone and SPARKvue do not use in-app pairing for PASCO Bluetooth 2.0
wireless interfaces. These devices must
be manually connected to Windows first. You will need built-in BT 2.0
support or a Bluetooth 2.0 adapter on your computer.
Pair the interface to Windows
- Turn on the wireless interface.
- In the Windows Search Box type “Add a Bluetooth Device” and select the matching search result.
- Locate the device in the list that appears. Each interface has an ID # on the back or bottom of the case. (ie ID#19829)
- Select the device with the matching ID # and click Next at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are asked for a pairing code enter 1234. (You may not be asked for this on Windows 8 or Windows 10)
- "Installing AirLink2/SPARKLink Air. Please wait while Setup installs necessary files on your system. This may take several minutes". This is normal behavior.
- When finished the Add a Device window will state "This device has been successfully added to this computer"
Pairing your interface to SPARKvue
- Once your interface is paired to Windows, connect a sensor and launch SPARKvue 2.7 or higher
- Select the Bluetooth icon at the top of the Home screen
- In the Wireless Devices menu, select your interface by the ID number printed on the case
- You will see a "Connecting..." dialog box appear
- When the device has successfully connected, it will appear under "Connected Devices". Select Done.
- Wait approximately 30 seconds for your measurements to appear on the Home screen.
- You are now ready to collect data!
Pairing your interface to Capstone
- Once your interface is paired to Windows, connect a sensor and launch Capstone 1.4 or higher
- Select the Hardware Setup button in the lefthand menu tray
- In the Hardware Setup menu, select your interface under Available Wireless Devices by ID number
- You will see a "Connecting to [device ID]" dialog box appear
- When the device has successfully connected, a picture of it will appear. Select the Hardware Setup button to slide the panel closed.
- You are now ready to collect data! Build a display to get started.