My ScienceWorkshop 500 or 750 interface won't connect to Capstone
I am using the CI-6759A USB/Serial Adapter with a 500 interface or 750 interface and Capstone will not connect to it
ScienceWorkshop 500 Interface
- ScienceWorkshop 750 Interface*
- CI-6759A USB/Serial Converter
- Capstone Software
*This article only applies to 750 interfaces connecting through the CI-6759A USB/Serial Converter. If your 750 interface has a USB symbol on the front this article does not apply.
- The CI-6759 (non-A) model is not compatible with Capstone software. You must replace with the CI-6759A updated model.
- CI-6759A is compatible with Windows 7 and Windows 10, and Mac OS 10.10 or higher
PASCO Troubleshooting Steps:
- Install the latest version of PASCO Capstone
- Turn on the ScienceWorkshop interface.
- Connect the CI-6759A adapter to a USB port and wait for Windows to detect device and install drivers.
- Run Capstone
- Click the Hardware Setup button in on the left tool palette
- Click Choose Interface.
- Select the type of ScienceWorkshop interface that you have connected to the USB-to-serial adapter.
- Click OK.
- An image of the interface should appear in the Hardware Setup window with a small green circle to the upper left corner
- If you see a yellow exclamation point symbol,:
- Unplug and replug the CI-6759A USB-to-serial adapter from the USB port.
- If your computer has both USB2 and USB3 ports, connect to a USB2 port. Occasionally USB3 ports are not compatible with the CI-6759A adapter.
- Toggle power on the ScienceWorkshop interface.
- Reboot the computer
If the above steps do not resolve the problem, delete the PASCO USB/serial interface from the Device Manager and reboot the computer:
- Right click on My Computer.
- Select Properties.
- Select the Hardware tab.
- Click the Device Manager button.
- Expand the Pasco Interface Class category.
- Click on PASCO USB/Serial Converter.
- Press the Delete button.
- A "confirm device uninstall" window will appear. Click "OK". Do not select the checkbox "Delete the driver software for this device"
- Disconnect the CI-6759A and reboot the computer when prompted.
- When the computer is ready, connect the CI-6759A and wait for Windows to recognize the device and install drivers.