Wireless sensors not detected on Windows computer with PS-3500 Adapter
None of my Wireless Sensors (AirLink, Smart Cart) are detected by PASCO software on my Windows computer
Any PASCO Wireless Sensor (white case)
PASCO Smart Cart (ME-1240, ME-1241)
When SPARKvue or PASCO Capstone is installed on a Windows computer, the drivers for the BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) adapter PS-3500 are installed on the computer. If the PS-3500 is placed into a USB port in the Windows computer prior to the installation of SPARKvue or PASCO Capstone, Windows will install the incorrect driver.
The following steps will direct Windows to the correct drivers. Make sure that the PS-3500 is connected to a USB port when following these directions.
- Click the Windows/Start button
- Select Control Panel
- Select Device Manager
- Click Ports (COM &LPT) to expand this menu item
- Look for the the Bluegiga Bluetooth Low Energy (COM##). If you cannot find the adapter listed, it can be listed as a Low Energy Device under COM/ PORT section or show up as a USB device.
- Right click on it to select "Update Driver Software"
- Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
- Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\PASCO scientific\Common Files\BLEDUsbDriver" and click OK
- Click Next.
Additional Bluetooth Driver Troubleshooting
If the instructions contained above do not get the PS-3500 drivers installed properly, please try the following:
1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\PASCO scientific\Common Files\BLEDUsbDriver
2. Right click on the usbserial.inf file and select Install
3. Right click on the dfu.inf file and select install
If you are successful in installing the drivers, but are still not able to get the Wireless Sensors to connect to SPARKvue or Capstone, try connecting the PS-3500 in a different USB port.
If you continue to have issues with having the wireless sensors connect to the computer, please contact Technical Support at PASCO scientific by selecting "Support Requests" on the left side of your screen, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org